Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Back at the computer

Well, I said goodbye to Facebook this morning and invited all of my friends to keep updated with me on my blog ... SO I AM BACK!  It has been tough adjusting to the summer schedule and the computer has been SO SLOW recently, but I will try to be more disciplined and more patient.

It is Monday ... so I try to share a recipe.  Hubby challenged me to try to get through all the "stockpiles" of canned goods and the food in the freezer to save on the summer budget and to start fresh later this summer, so cooking has been more of an adventure so far this summer.  I did discover an AWESOME chicken marinade for the grill.

Peanut Butter Chicken

1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/4 c white wine vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c lemon juice
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp chili powder or crused red pepper flakes
2 tsp ground ginger
2 garlic cloves
2 lbs chicken breasts

Combine all but chicken in blender and blend until sppon adding a few drops of water if mixture is too thick.  Place in glass dish or resealable plastic bag with chicken.  Turn to coat.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Drain chicken and discard marinade.  Grill!  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment