Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Mobile Office

This week, I am thankful for the ability to take my work with me.
Last week, we found out that hubby was being sent to Raleigh on a business trip.
Not exactly what I was planning as I pushed toward moving day.
There were still cabinets to refinish and the master bedroom to work on.
But...
the schooling had to be completed.
So, I packed up the computer and the sewing machine.
While hubby was in school,
I set up an office in the motel room.
I worked on 9 valances,
and a new gospel tract,
and some compare files for a translation of a Hebrew New Testament.
All of these things had to be completed and were also competing for my time.
Now they had my undivided attention.
 
Living/Dining/Kitchen Valance - Reversible, Just lays over curtain rod.


Guest rooms - Lined Valances
I was doubting my decision to make my own valances.
Was the cost of the fabric worth it?
The end results, convinced me that I made the right choice.
For the cost of the "cheapies" at Walmart,
I got the colors that I wanted,
and lined, quality valances.
 
All 9 valances were competed as well as some curtains for hiding storage areas.
The tract was finalized.
And - only 5 chapters of compare files to go!
 
I am also thankful that hubby was sent to Raleigh,
and not Ohio,
which meant that I could tag along.
 
And on this July 19th,
I am thankful for my hubby.
It is his 34th birthday today.
So thankful to God for his life
and for bringing us together.
 


2 comments:

  1. I love the colors! What pattern did you use? I'm itching to change things in the dining room, I just haven't settled on what would look right.
    Glad things are coming along for the trainer. Tell Christopher "Happy Birthday from the Niobe Clan!".
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the "garden" colors too - greens and browns.
      I used Simplicity 9566 for the guest rooms and Butterick 5582 for main area and master bedroom. Each pattern gives 4 different options. I used "homestead" fabric - brown plaid in the master - I used the same fabric on both sides and liked the end result as well. I did not add the ribbons - simplified alot.

      Delete