Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sensitive Skin

Well, I did not think that I had sensitive skin ...
until I made my own deodorant.
It appears that for many people,
the baking soda is just too abrasive.

Now what?

I figured I was not the only one looking for a gentler substance.

I found the solution online.

Homemade Deodorant for Sensitive Skin

4 TBSP coconut oil
1 1/2 TBSP beeswax beads or grated beeswax
1 TBSP Shea butter
4 tsp clay (I used Bentonite)
20 drops essential oil (about 1 tsp)

Put coconut oil and beeswax in double boiler and melt slowly.
Add shea butter and whisk 2 more minutes.
Remove from heat.
Add clay.  Whisk until mixed.
Add essential oil and stir well.
Cool.


Why go natural?
Well,
with all of the talk about the government healthcare
(which hubby experienced in Canada),
I think it is best to stay as healthy as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment