Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A True Friend

Proverbs 28:23 
He that rebuketh a man afterwards shall find more favour 
than he that flattereth with the tongue.

This verse has really captured my attention for the past two weeks.
It seems contrary to my experience,
and yet I know that God's Word is true.

Does it not seem that often a rebuke causes division,
lost friendships,
more hurt?

"Afterwards"

I thought of two possibilities.
Perhaps the favour is later - the reward of God.
Perhaps the favour is in the eyes of others looking for
"iron sharpening iron" - 
someone who is not afraid of men's (or women's) faces.

Regardless of whether or not I can understand it,
it is true;
and you and I need to rebuke sin when it is necessary.

 a promise of favour ... afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment