Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Provision

I can't let anniversary week go by without being thankful for my husband and marriage.

I wondered if he would ever come.
I wondered if he even existed.
You know - the man of the wish list ...
the wish list that made no sense and seemed impossible.
saved,
military - ooh, a man in uniform,
handy man/mechanic,
in the ministry,
blue eyes (I wouldn't trade the brown ones that I got instead),
short hair,
taller than me (not too hard),
sense of humor (sarcasm anyone?),
no facial hair,
able to carry me over the threshold,
helpless romantic

I wondered if I would be the "old maid teacher" - at the young age of 26 :)

He did come - in God's perfect timing.

I am thankful for 12 years of marriage - 
deployments (3 biggies),
homecomings (3 biggies),
tests (too many to count),
projects (a bunch),
papers (grammar review anyone?),
ups,
downs,
east (NY and NC),
west (WA),
north (NY and WA),
south (NC).


First Introduction 
02*10*02

 First Date 
02*17*02

Will You? Yes!  
05*14*02

I do! Me, too. 
08*17*02

Twelve Years
08*17*14


No comments:

Post a Comment