Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

False View

Ephesians 5:22 
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, 
as unto the Lord.

We live near a small Bible college
and in turn we live around young love.
We see the "twitterpated" young women
and the "deer in the headlights" young men.

As I speak to some of the young women,
I realize that there is a lot of confusion about marriage,
about roles,
about expectations.

So often the conversations address how the young man will meet the young woman's needs.
Confusion.
I was created to submit, to serve, to meet his needs.
In turn, his love will meet my needs, but I must recognize my responsibilities.

I want to bless my husband.
He needs the help and encouragement.
Recently, I have made small love notes (3x5) cards and placed them on a tree in our bedroom.
He loves to look for them,
I love to make them,
It is a reminder of the things I love about him.

How will you bless your husband today?
How will you bless your boyfriend?
Practice with your dad or brothers if you are still young.

No comments:

Post a Comment