Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pleasant Memories and Provoking Thoughts

This week, I am thankful for pleasant memories.
I am thankful for so many experiences that I have had the privilege to enjoy.
I am thankful for all that God has allowed me to see and do.

I am thankful to have been able to live in 3 corners of the US.
(NY, FL, and WA)
I am thankful to have gone to college.
I am thankful to understand the life of a military family.
I am thankful that I only had to experience military life for 6 years.
I am thankful for friends and family sprinkled all over America.
I am thankful for all the folks who have adopted me and all those who have allowed me to adopt them.
I am thankful for little apartments and big trailers.
I am thankful for ministry opportunities of all shapes and sizes.

I am also thankful for a thought that hubby mentioned Sunday night as he preached.
He is preaching through the book of Daniel.
He mentioned that Daniel trials were a result of  the sins of his forefathers.
His life, what he was experiencing, was due to the decisions of those years before him.
His life was "unfair."
Taken captive, removed from his home, made a eunuch - no wife or children
His life was not one we would want to choose.
But he served as God would have him serve.
He trusted God's plan.

 Jeremiah 29:11 
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, 
thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

No comments:

Post a Comment