Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

SAHW: Reason 4

Titus 2:3-5
The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers,
not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
 That they may teach the young women to be sober,
to love their husbands, to love their children,
 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

The primary reason that I am a stay at home wife -
and the one that makes me stay there when I waver -
is that I believe that it is God's plan for the home.
I will not come to blows with anyone who sees it differently,
but to my understanding, it is God's plan.
There are many other verses, but I will stick with this verse in Titus.

"Keepers at Home"
-literally a guard
A guard does not leave his post for long periods of time.
A guard understands the seriousness of his work and sticks to it.
I am a guard - 
I seek to protect my home from false teaching,
from chaos,
from unhealthy habits,
from budget strain,
from moral temptation.

Why?
It is a testimony to God -
"that the word of God be not blasphemed."
Many people do not understand the decision,
but many times hubby has told me of husbands he works with who just long to have a SAHW.
Many times I have seen torn wives who just want to care for their home and family.
I believe that in order to properly help my husband (I am his helpmeet),
I need to be available.
What better way is there to be available than to be at home.

Just a quick note:
What about Priscilla and Aquilla?
I love the idea of working side by side with my husband.
What a perfect opportunity to be a helpmeet.
If hubby worked in an environment that allowed us to work together,
I would jump at the opportunity.
Maybe one day he will be self employed and we can work together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment