Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

Still Learning

I guess life is about learning and growing.
I was surprised the other day.
I was planning my meal for a fellowship dinner at church ...
I needed some simple things since the days have been busy.
SO...
spanish rice with beef in the crockpot
raspberry jello salad (sub blackberries and blackberry jello)
fresh fruit salad
corn muffins
AND
carrot cake.


The surprise ...
hubby said he just LOVED carrot cake!
I have made carrot cake before
and it translates well to gluten free because of the moisture of the carrots,
but it had not sunk in that it was one of hubby's favorites.
13 years and still learning!

So whether anyone else enjoyed it ...
hubby did and that is what matters.

A little touch of spring in the meal.

I used this recipe made with almond flour
and then went with a basic frosting covered with unsweetened dried coconut.


This week's menu:

Sunday: Spanish Rice
Monday:  Spicy Chicken Dijon
Tuesday:  Spaghetti Squash with beans and tomato sauce
Wednesday:  Crispy Cornmeal Coated Fish
Thursday:  Mustard Coated Pork
Friday:  Chicken Cobb Salad
Saturday:  Vegetable Rice Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment