Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Are You Ready?

There is nothing like "new love."
Nothing like a "first love."

Being associated with a college,
we are often surrounded by "sparks" and questions.

When am I ready to marry?

I suppose that there are many answers,
but the answer that often hits my lips first is ...
... when you are ready to give of yourself for the one you love forever.

Marriage is not about "catching" someone and then living like a single.
It is not all about dates and one-on-one time.
It is not about sweet gifts and surprises.
It is about serving another -
It is about putting someone else first.

I love dates, gifts, surprises
and I also love the work that keeps the love behind these things alive.

The way you "get" them is the way you "keep" them.


No comments:

Post a Comment