Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

A $4 Gift

I showed you the valances that I worked on for the church sanctuary on Tuesday.
I also promised a story about the fabric.

On this Thankful Thursday,
I am thankful for the $4 gift of fabric.

The pastor's wife heard of a thrift shop that had a fabric corner.
When I stopped by,
I found a fabric that I thought just might work.

It was high quality.
It was a neutral color.
There was enough of it for 6 windows.

I asked the owner how much they would charge for the remainder of the roll - 
I guessed that it was about 12 yards.
The bill ... $4.
Even if my fabric choice was vetoed, I wasn't out much.

When I got it home, it had 10 1/2 yards.

I searched for the brand online.
It was a local manufacture.
They listed the fabric at $55 per yard!
I don't suppose that too many people would pay that,
but they might pay $30 per yard.
God gave it to us for $.40 per yard.

Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment