Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Pumpkins!

Have spent the past week cooking and freezing pumpkins.
I just halve, seed, cook until soft, peel, cube, and freeze.
These are what thickens hubby's chocolate protein smoothies,
so I am thankful for the full freezer.
I am excited for the number that the garden produced this year 
before the cut worm and squash bugs took over.
There are a couple more pumpkins left and then it is on to piles of Spaghetti Squash.
There is another squash in the garden, but I am not sure yet what it is.
I have read that you can freeze it too.
Do you have any experience with Frozen Spaghetti Squash?  
Feel free to share.

This week's menu:

Sunday:  Grilled Chicken and Tossed Salad
Monday: Spaghetti Squash, flat bread, and bean soup
Tuesday:  Fish
Wednesday:  Stir Fried Veggies on Rice
Thursday:  Grilled Chicken
Friday:  Squash and Beans
Saturday:  Penne, stir-fried veggies, and salad


No comments:

Post a Comment