Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

They That Wait ...

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
they shall run, and not be weary;
 and they shall walk, and not faint.

I am reading in the book of Isaiah right now.
I was impressed today with a thought about waiting.
"wait" - to rest in expectation and patience

So often I want to take the easy way.
I am looking for the shortcut.
Think how we gravitate to the prayer of Jabez, 
Hannah's prayer,
the prayer of Hezekiah.
Can I just copy the words and receive deliverance or a blessing?
I want to skip over the successful life of Daniel who prayed morning and evening each day.
I want to ignore Anna's long service in the temple.
God wants righteous consistency from me.
He wants the rest, the patience.

It may not be easy,
but the reward is sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment