Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

In the Twinkling of an Eye

If I were a public speaker,
I would have many, many illustrations.
It seems that the mundane of life often shows or reminds me of a Biblical truth.

Yesterday, reminded me of how quick the Lord's return will be ...
in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye.

I was working on a plastic bag holder for the church kitchen.
It was a simple pattern out of a dish towel.
Simply stitch elastic on both short ends and then sew the long sides together.


Well, in the twinkling of an eye,
I managed to pierce my pointer finger through from nail to underside with the needle.
Yes, just that fast.
A temporary loss of concentration, 
the machine jammed,
the machine beeped,
the lights flashed, ...


After the shock wore off and I removed my finger from the needle,
I thought of how quickly that moment will be.
In each moment, am I living as if Christ is returning.
Will I be found ready?
Will I be embarrassed?

In the Twinkling of an Eye ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment